Sunday 25 March 2012

My Good Samaritan Friend

We all call her Tita Sally (not her real full name), she is an example of a Good Samaritan I know for my lifetime.

It is 6 years now that I’ve known her; she has this big warm heart to accommodate anyone like a mother, a sister and a good friend here in the foreign land of China. Even if we are so many miles away from each other on this land, we always find a way to get together. She, together with her family is ever willing to provide help in anyway she can to those who seek a need from her without putting boundaries or demarcate or setting standards to those beneficiaries.

She inspires us to do more good will to others unconditionally like a Good Samaritan.

I clearly remember the night when I was in my 1st trimester with Maia, my 2nd child, while Zek was just about 2 years of age we attended the birthday get-together of her daughter Mimi. My son suddenly was throwing a big tantrum because he wanted me to carry him and his daddy went out for awhile. He was just overwhelmed with the new environment that time and having this “stranger anxiety” syndrome as a toddler. I sit down with him, talked to him and hugged him but he was still crying his lungs out. Tita Sally offered to help. She took away my son from me and brought him inside their room to calm him down explaining my current situation. She gave me assurance not to worry too for it will affect the baby inside my womb. It was hard to see my son being led away from me just because I can not carry and soothe him on that particular moment. I went inside their bathroom immediately for my tears disposal that made a long queue outside, realizing how difficult it is to be a mother. Her act of kindness showing how challenging a mother task should be remains in my heart until now for I am somehow the affectionate type of a mother with an over protective and conservative husband in a more loving ways.

Another incident recently was when a father of another close friend died 2 days upon arrival here in China for a vacation. In spite of her busy schedule, she willingly reached out from all the Filipino Community she knows around to provide support. She is providing a lot opportunity to the people around her to be sensitive to the needs of others and a good reminder to help.

My list could go on and on, as I write this article now, she is helping organize with charitable project again. We would like to take this opportunity also to show our admiration and thank you, in celebration of your natal day for helping in the Lay Ministry of Catholic Church.

You remind us of the Parable of a Good Samaritan from Luke 10:25-37, amidst our very ordinary life you act extraordinarily. You’re an example of Faith, Hope and Love to us.

Happy Birthday Tita Sally! May God abundantly provide for your family more that you may provide to others without any discrimination.

My Family is so blessed being surrounded with good people to be with us always. We pray that they may see Your kindness and Love within our family too as we grow together in Your glory, Lord.


(originally posted on October 2, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment