Thursday 1 January 2009

Maia's Legacy




What does the symbol of our Maia Foundation means?

The Child

The child inside the cross is the partial charcoal sketch of our beloved angel
Elisha Maire “Maia” C. Santos who, after a brief twenty-two months of being with
us, has inspired us to love more and live life to the fullest and that the most loving
fulfillment of all is by sharing this love to others, which in the end, is about loving
our God.

Matthew 25: 40
“And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.”

The Hearts

The hearts of different sizes symbolizes all the loving efforts that each of our
family members, donors and volunteers will extend into our vision and purpose of
loving others. It does not matter whether the amount to be spent or action to be
done is small or big as long as it is done out of love. God sees the “bigness” of
our heart.

Matthew 25: 34-36
Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.'

The Cross

The Cross symbolizes the greatest love of all which is our Lord Jesus Christ
whom we honor and praise for He alone is able to make our suffering a part of
His work of salvation. It is He who embraced His suffering and who died for us
out of His unconditional love for each and every one of us.

John 3: 16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life."

2 comments:

  1. Bro,Your little angel MAIA is "watching over" your family from our ultimate home in heaven. I am one of your "probably millions" of "silent" email recipients and I was inspired by your fortitude to turn the sorrow of losing your beloved child into giving hope and love for the others within our midst. My office friends together with our families have this yearly tradition of "paying it forward". This year, we had our one afternoon of childrens' party and gift giving at Hospicio De San Jose for the abandoned children. The year before, we were at the Pediatric Ward of PGH giving joy to young cancer patients. We have this thing running for five years now. Now, we have one more beneficiary on our list and this is your MAIA Foundation. I was prompted to email you because I was happy to have noticed only today that the Feast of the Immaculate Conception is indeed the 40th day of your little MAIA which coincides also with the 40th day after my birthday. Coincidentally, my birthday is October 30th so I feel a little connection. Gusto ko din i-request sana to receive your email posts in this email address I am using right now so I can share it with my wife at home. She has been working for almost 25 years here at Analog Devices and both of us just got hit by manpower redundancy within the corporate last week. I am looking for work while my wife intends to stay home to guide our 3 children aged 10, 9 and 6. Last Friday, I was notified by my sister(a devout Opus Dei) that tomorrow morning is my schedule for a job interview. My whole family is praying to God that I get employed again as early as possible. May His will be done.

    Regards,Alain
    alain_eiman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete